Friday, November 23rd
Casa Llotja de Mar | Barcelona
The Mediterranean Talks will provide an open platform to discuss trending topics taking into account social, political and economic transformations and growing economic potentialities. Participants will have the perfect opportunity to discuss challenges, trends, visions, and possible future opportunities and collaborations for businesses in several industries.
In order to build a shared and sustainable future for the region, it is becoming increasingly clear the importance of actions and commitments from businesses in partnership with the public sector and civil society.
The 1st edition of the MedaTalks will offer a unique networking opportunity for regulators, industry practitioners and business leaders to share their experiences and visions.
On the occasion of the new edition of the Mediterranean Economic MedaTalk within the framework of the MedaWeek Barcelona 2018 that will be held in Barcelona from 21st to 23rd of November 2018, the UfM Gas Platform Secretariat is co-organizing with Ascame a session on The Future of Natural Gas in the Mediterranean.
This meeting will be an occasion to hear from leaders of different sectors on the key challenges and future development perspectives for the gas supply and demand prospects in the Mediterranean region.
Friday, 23rd November
10:45 – 14:30 Mediterranean Talks
Mediterranean Gas – An Opportunity for Investment and Development
10:45 – 11:10 Welcoming Remarks
- Jorge Borrego, Deputy Secretary General for Energy and Climate Action, UfM Secretariat
- Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director, OME
- Leonidas Kioussis, Senior Expert, DG ENER, European Commission
Keynote speaker: Francisco Reynés Massanet, CEO, Naturgy (tbc)
11:10 – 12:25 Meeting the Scene: Regional & Country Specific Outlooks
- Mediterranean gas outlook to 2040, Sohbet Karbuz, Director of Hydrocarbons, OME
- An overview of gas developments in Eastern Mediterranean, Charles Ellinas, CEO, e-CNHC
- Challenges and opportunities for enhancing energy security in the Mediterranean region, Francis Ghiles, Associate Senior Researcher, CIDOB
12:25 – 12:40 Coffee break
12:40 – 14:15 Country Specific Outlooks
- Outlook for natural gas in Algeria, Sabrina Heddar Seddas, Head of Department, Energy Markets Analysis, Sonatrach, Algeria
- Outlook for natural gas in Egypt, Emanuele Calviello, VP Business Development, ENI, Italy
- Outlook for natural gas in Israel, Amir Foster, Head of Strategy & Research, Association of Oil & Gas Exploration Industries, Israel
- Outlook for natural gas in Turkey, Emin Danis, Strategy and Research Director, GER Partners, Turkey
14:15 – 14:30 Wrap-up and Concluding Remarks
- Sohbet Karbuz, Director of Hydrocarbons, OME
Forum co-organized with: